Session Date-Application DeadlineProgram Fee$10,200Program Director
Executive Certificate: This program is a core program in the Public Leadership and Economic Development concentrations. This program can also be used as a third program for any concentration in the Executive Certificate series.
Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs): This program aligns with one or more Executive Core Qualifications.
Program Fee: The program fee includes tuition, housing, curricular materials, and most meals.
The world is rapidly transitioning to a lower carbon economy, creating vast opportunities in “green growth.” New industries, markets, and technologies are emerging, charting new paths to prosperity for those who act.
Energy is a vital component of any business. Changes in energy costs and sources will reshape economic opportunity, opening new doors for some while posing threats to others. To seize the opportunity, government officials, economic policymakers, investors, and industry experts must act now to create winning strategies for green growth.
Leading Green Growth: Economic Strategies for a Low-Carbon World is a one-week on-campus executive education program developed by Harvard Kennedy School faculty. Under the direction of faculty chairs Ricardo Hausmann and Daniel Schrag, you will gain a foundational understanding of decarbonization and its economic impact. You will also acquire the essential tools and knowledge to anticipate new trends, remain competitive, and achieve prosperity in a low-carbon future.
In Leading Green Growth, you will gather with peers from around the world to analyze what the global energy transition to a low-carbon future means for you. This one-week on-campus program will discuss the emerging green technologies that are reshaping the economic landscape. The program examines the key drivers of project success in green growth including how to lower capital costs and fund a green growth agenda.
Faculty chairs Ricardo Hausmann and Daniel Schrag designed Leading Green Growth specifically to help you:
- Get the latest insights into the future of the green economy
- Understand the critical technologies behind green energy—and how they are relevant to you
- Envision how decarbonization will transform your competitive landscape
- Determine opportunities and risks in green growth
- Diagnose key factors for project success that have informed recent green investment trends
- Identify your own local green growth opportunities
- Learn breakthrough insights into the nature of economic growth in a low-carbon world
- Implement a growth strategy
Leading Green Growth is designed for leaders in both public and private sectors who want to leverage the opportunities decarbonization provides. Those who will benefit from this program include:
- Industry experts
- Senior-level leaders in government, especially in finance, economic development, industrial policy, and energy
- Multilateral development bank representatives
- Clean technology and energy investors
- Economic development advisors