Leading through the Changing Media Landscape (Online)
Executive Certificate: This program is part of the Public Leadership Executive Certificate series.
Leading through the Changing Media Landscape (Online) is a new executive program designed to equip leaders in the public and private sector to be more successful in today’s media environment.
During the past few years, our understanding of truth, trust, and communication has been upended by a combination of technological, social and political forces. We are in the midst of historic media transformation, which is posing unprecedented challenges for leaders like you.
Convincing data and compelling ideas are no longer enough for leaders to prevail in the public square. In our disrupted, distracted and polarized media environment, success depends on your ability to reach audiences with a clear message and deflect networked disinformation campaigns. The good news is, however, with the right expertise, practical tools, and latest insights, leaders can be more effective navigating this complex and evolving environment.
Led by Faculty Chair Nancy Gibbs, former Editor In Chief of TIME, Leading through the Changing Media Landscape will equip you with strategies and techniques to be more successful in an age of disinformation and mistrust.
Professor Gibbs will be joined by leading experts and scholars for an unforgettable learning experience with a global cohort of your peers.
- Gain a sophisticated understanding of today’s dynamic media ecosystem and how to navigate it
- Acquire practical tools to overcome specific challenges within the media environment
- Learn new ways to communicate more effectively, both within your organization and externally with stakeholders and the broader public
- Gain deeper insight into how trust, polarization, mis- and dis-information, news deserts, and algorithms shape the media environment
- Examine how the “attention economy”, emotion, and psychological bias, affect information processing
- Improve communication strategies across differences
- Explore global trends in and challenges with social and media platforms including accountability issues
For more information regarding the timing, dates, and participant expectations of the program, including a sample schedule, please see the Curriculum.