Session Date-Application DeadlineProgram Fee$4,600Faculty ChairProgram Director
We are still accepting applications for this program. Please apply today.
Executive Certificate: This program is part of the Public Leadership Executive Certificate series.
During the past few years, our understanding of truth, trust, and communication has been upended by a combination of technological, social, and political forces. We are in the midst of historic media transformation, which is posing unprecedented challenges for leaders like you. Convincing data and compelling ideas are no longer enough for leaders to prevail in the public square.
Led by Faculty Chair Nancy Gibbs, former Editor In Chief of TIME, Leading through the Changing Media Landscape is a unique online program designed to equip you with strategies and techniques to be more successful in an age of disinformation and mistrust.
In a disrupted, distracted, and polarized media environment, success depends on your ability to reach audiences with a clear message and deflect networked disinformation campaigns. With the right expertise, practical tools, and latest insights, leaders can be more effective navigating this complex and evolving situation.
The Leading through the Changing Media Landscape a curriculum combines live online faculty-led sessions, peer-to-peer learning, small group workshops, individual assignments, and robust class discussions, this program will help you strengthen the critical skills needed to lead more effectively amidst a rapidly changing media landscape.
Throughout the two weeks, this online program will deepen your understanding of the factors that have transformed today’s information environment and those that continue to shape it every day. Considering these changes, you will also learn how to be more effective in your daily work using actionable intelligence, cutting-edge research findings, and proven tools.
Leading through the Changing Media Landscape will help you:
- Gain a sophisticated understanding of today’s dynamic media ecosystem and how to navigate it
- Acquire practical tools to overcome specific challenges within the media environment
- Learn new ways to communicate more effectively, both within your organization and externally with stakeholders and the broader public
- Gain deeper insight into how trust, polarization, mis- and dis-information, news deserts, and algorithms shape the media environment
- Examine how the “attention economy”, emotion, and psychological bias, affect information processing
- Improve communication strategies across differences
- Explore global trends in and challenges with social and media platforms including accountability issues
Leading through the Changing Media Landscape is designed for global leaders who are seeking to better and more confidently navigate the current media environment.
Recommended applicants include:
- Senior leaders in government at the national, regional, or local level
- Executive directors and senior leaders of nonprofits and nongovernmental organizations (NGOS)
- Military leaders
- Private sector leaders
- Leaders in education, healthcare, public health, and social services
Take part in an invigorating and interactive live online program that still allows you time to balance day-to-day responsibilities. View the draft program schedule. Note that module titles, speakers, and sequence may change.
WHAT PARTICIPANTS ARE SAYING
"Leading Through the Changing Media Landscape is perfectly aligned with the times. In this age of misinformation, it was great to learn how to keep the rising tide of fake news from drowning our democracy among so many other great lessons.”
Brenda Duran, Strategic Communications Executive, LA County
Hear From the Faculty Chair
Faculty Chair Nancy Gibbs discusses the new Leading through the Changing Media Landscape executive program.