Negotiation Strategies: Building Agreement Across Boundaries (Online)
When it comes to successful negotiations, the only advantage you have is the capacity to understand and shape the negotiating environment before circumstances force you to react. Doing that isn't so easy, however.
Effective negotiation is not about being stubborn in the face of inevitable change. Nor is it about being passive when challenged. It is about mastering strategic, analytic, and communication skills that enable you, as an organizational leader, to accurately diagnose problems, build winning coalitions, and craft robust agreements.
In short, it is about shaping your circumstances before they shape you.
Improve Your Negotiation Strategies
Negotiation Strategies: Building Agreement Across Boundaries is a five-day online executive program that goes beyond other negotiation workshops to address the challenges of negotiating across cultures, organizations, and sectors.
Led by Harvard faculty with decades of experience, this program explores how to achieve consensus among a variety of stakeholders in order to create sustainable solutions. You will examine the effects of social and organizational culture on negotiation while also developing the adaptive skills you need to translate your effectiveness to other settings.
The learning style of the program will be active, engaged, and highly participatory. It will make use of innovative learning tools, including negotiation simulations supported by the iDecisionMaking negotiation platform, case discussions, group exercises, and peer feedback. The interactive online curriculum will be conducted through a mix of live sessions and asynchronous work, including:
- 1-hour Onboarding Session the week prior: Wed, Feb 24th at 11:00 am EST OR 4:00 pm EST
- Live sessions (with breaks): 9:00am-2:00pm EST
- Optional Virtual Social Networking: 2:00pm-2:30pm EST
- Self-directed Work: Estimated 3-4 hours of pre-program work and 1 hour of daily readings during the program
This negotiation strategies executive program will provide you with:
- The tools and frameworks to build sustainable agreements
- Strategies for consensus building
- A deep understanding of the role social, organizational and cultural differences have on negotiations
- An opportunity to learn from Harvard faculty and expert practitioners
- A lasting network of peers with similar backgrounds and experience