Session Date-Application DeadlineProgram Fee$4,600Faculty ChairProgram Director
Executive Certificate: This program is a core program in the Public Leadership concentration. This program can also be used as a third program for any concentration in the Executive Certificate series.
To make the changes you want to see in your life and in the world, you have to convince decision-makers to act on your ideas. The best way to do that is to identify those decision-makers, connect with them, and express your ideas clearly, concisely, and persuasively.
Persuasive Communication: Narrative, Evidence, and Impact, a three-week online program from Harvard Kennedy School Executive Education, shows you how. Through a dynamic forum that provides feedback as you practice and learn, you will build a critical set of skills in writing, speaking, and presenting.
In addition, Faculty Chair Lauren Brodsky will help you understand communications within the context of a broader policy landscape. What’s the most strategic way to approach a situation? How can communications play a role in achieving your goals? Join us to learn the answers to these and other key questions.
You will prepare for Persuasive Communication: Narrative, Evidence, and Impact with a one-hour onboarding session the week before the program starts. You will also have pre-session readings and videos to help you get the most from the program.
Total estimated time commitment is 12 hours per week for this three-week online program. It includes live faculty sessions each Monday, Wednesday, and Friday as well as group assignments.
In Persuasive Communication: Narrative, Evidence, and Impact, you will:
- Participate in a knowledge-building and practice-oriented curriculum
- Write, and receive feedback on, an opinion piece
- Develop and deliver a group presentation
- Learn to use evidence effectively
- Improve data visualization skills
- Learn how to craft robust arguments
- Explore the current state of the media and its interplay with policymaking
- Grow your professional network and career opportunities
Persuasive Communication: Narrative, Evidence, and Impact is designed for public- and private-sector officials in mid- to senior-level roles who are responsible for communications, public relations, human resources, and corporate social responsibility.
This program would be ideal for individuals including:
- Senior leaders in the public sector
- Elected or appointed public officials
- Communications and public relations professionals
- Policy and advocacy advisors
- Nonprofit leaders
- Foreign and U.S. diplomats
- Military and defense professionals
- Public health, education, and social service professionals
- Union leaders
- Leaders of social movements
- Corporate leaders working with or for the public sector
This program is part of the Economic Development, Nonprofit Leadership, Public Leadership, and Public Policy Executive Certificate Series. View a sample program schedule. Note that module titles, speakers, and sequence may change.