Senior Managers in Government is a transformative leadership program that offers you an exclusive opportunity for professional and personal enrichment.
During this three-week program, you'll immerse yourself in lectures and group work focused on building your capacity to lead. Key components of the program include networking opportunities and group outings, all of which allow you to make lasting relationships with the other participants. Time will also be set aside for reflection and application of the material.
Further, this program makes extensive use of the case study method pioneered at Harvard. Each case describes an actual situation in public management and serves as a stimulus for you and your classmates to think through possible approaches and solutions to real-world problems. You'll reflect upon your professional experiences and meet daily in small groups and in class to discuss cases and exchange ideas.
The curriculum focuses on the multi-dimensional issues faced by senior managers and includes:
- Policy Development: Structuring a decision-making process that draws on knowledge from all parts of an organization and designing policies to optimize implementation
- Political Strategy: Mobilizing the support of key parties in an environment of shared responsibility to build support for a policy
- Performance Management: Defining, assessing and improving organizational performance
- Negotiation: Creating win-win outcomes, resolving differences and breaking stalemates
- Leadership: Evaluating and improving leadership styles, including leadership in crisis situations