Session Date-Application DeadlineProgram Fee$4,600Faculty ChairProgram Director
Do you need to take your fundraising to the next level? Strategic Fundraising for Nonprofit Leaders is an intensive one-week program that will provide you with a deeper understanding of the art and science of fundraising. Led by Harvard Professor Arthur Brooks and supported by leading experts in the field, you will be immersed in the latest research and best practices in nonprofit fundraising. Together with a global network of peers, you will gain skills that can be immediately applied to your organizational and professional goals.
The program curriculum relies heavily on active experiential learning and is grounded in real-world situations fundraisers face today. Participants will be immersed in lively, interactive sessions, small-group discussions, group work, lecture, and opportunities to practice and hone new skills. Self-paced readings and multimedia assignments will be required prior to live, online sessions.
- Gain a historical perspective of nonprofit fundraising and charitable giving patterns in the U.S. and globally including legal structures
- Understand the psychology and science behind why people give
- Strengthen donor acquisition and retention skills
- Examine fundraising methods for annual funds, capital funds, direct mail, and other types of fundraising
- Form effective strategies for corporate and foundation fundraising
- Explore digital fundraising methods such as crowdfunding, use of social media platforms, and others
Strategic Fundraising for Nonprofit Leaders is for leaders working in the nonprofit sector with fundraising responsibility or for those who would like to learn more about fundraising. CEOs, executive directors, chief development officers, board chairs and members, donor engagement officers, and others working in fundraising are encouraged to apply. Small teams from a single organization are also welcome.
- Leaders of nonprofit organizations (CEOs, executive directors, directors, managers)
- Advancement officers
- Alumni relations officers
- Donor engagement officers
- Board members and directors
- Fundraising consultants
Access the draft program schedule.
This immersive online program has an estimated time commitment of approximately 20 hours of live sessions and approximately 15 hours of peer and self-paced work.
Faculty & Research