Developing leaders, leading development
The two-year Master in Public Administration in International Development (MPA/ID) Program is designed to prepare the next generation of leaders in international development. It is an economics-centered, multidisciplinary program, combining rigorous training in analytical and quantitative methods with an emphasis on policy and practice.
The MPA/ID Program offers unparalleled training for a professional career in development. The mix of theoretical rigor with a practical approach has proven to be a winning combination in the professional world. Our graduates hold influential policy and management positions in a range of international organizations, national governments, central and regional banks, nonprofit and research organizations and private sector companies.
The right fit
The MPA/ID Program may be for you if you:
- Demonstrate commitment to the economic, social, and political advancement of developing and transitional economy countries
- Work in the development field, whether in government, central or regional banks, international development institutions, nonprofits, research organizations or the private sector
- Want to deepen your understanding of complex development problems and acquire the analytical tools to design and implement effective solutions
- Have a strong academic record, including in economics and mathematics
Learn more about what we look for in applicants.
Upcoming MPA/ID Information Sessions
Each summer MPA/ID students and alumni host informal "coffee hour" information sessions in a number of locations around the globe. These will serve as an opportunity for prospective students who live in locations that we do not often reach in our admissions travels to learn more about the MPA/ID Program and HKS in an informal, relaxed setting.
- Dar es Salaam, Tanzania on July 18th (location changed) REGISTER
- Bangkok, Thailand on July 19th REGISTER
- Jakarta, Indonesia on July 19th REGISTER
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam on July 21st REGISTER
- Kolkata, India on July 21st REGISTER
- Washington, DC (IMF) on July 23rd REGISTER (HKS Admissions Office Event)
- Washington, DC on July 25th REGISTER
- Kyiv, Ukraine on July 25th REGISTER
- Washington, DC (IFC) on July 30th REGISTER (HKS Admissions Office Event)
- Beirut, Lebanon on August 2nd REGISTER
- Aguascalientes, Mexico on August 3rd REGISTER
- Yangon, Myanmar on August 4th REGISTER
- Beijing, China on August 4th REGISTER
- Moscow, Russia on August 4th REGISTER
- Amman, Jordan on August 8th REGISTER
- Mexico City, Mexico on August 10th REGISTER
- Johannesburg, South Africa on August 11th REGISTER
Stay tuned for more information and registration links for upcoming events near you as more cities and dates are added each week over the summer. More information on the following events coming soon!
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Casablanca, Morocco
- Lagos, Nigeria
- Cape Town, South Africa