Developing leaders, leading development
The two-year Master in Public Administration in International Development (MPA/ID) Program is designed to prepare the next generation of leaders in international development. It is an economics-centered, multidisciplinary program, combining rigorous training in analytical and quantitative methods with an emphasis on policy and practice.
The MPA/ID Program offers unparalleled training for a professional career in development. The mix of theoretical rigor with a practical approach has proven to be a winning combination in the professional world. Our graduates hold influential policy and management positions in a range of international organizations, national governments, central and regional banks, nonprofit and research organizations, and private sector companies.
The right fit
The MPA/ID Program may be for you if you:
- Demonstrate commitment to the economic, social, and political advancement of developing and transitional economy countries
- Work in the development field, whether in government, central or regional banks, international development institutions, nonprofits, research organizations, or the private sector
- Want to deepen your understanding of complex development problems and acquire the analytical tools to design and implement effective solutions
- Have a strong academic record, including in economics and mathematics
Learn more about what we look for in applicants.
Upcoming MPA/ID Information Sessions
Each summer MPA/ID students and alumni host informal "coffee hour" information sessions in a number of locations around the globe. These will serve as an opportunity for prospective students who live in locations that we do not often reach in our admissions travels to learn more about the MPA/ID Program and HKS in an informal, relaxed setting.
- Caracas, Venezuela on August 13th REGISTER
- Naga City, Camarines Sur, Philippines on August 20th REGISTER
- Sao Paulo, Brazil on August 21st REGISTER
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia on August 24th REGISTER
- Samarkand, Uzbekistan on August 28th REGISTER
- Rabat, Morocco on August 31st REGISTER
- Washington, DC on September 21st REGISTER (MPA/ID Faculty-led event)
Stay tuned for more information and registration links for upcoming events near you as more cities and dates are added each week over the summer. More information on the following events coming soon!
- Lagos, Nigeria