The Mid-Career Master in Public Administration (MC/MPA) Program helps established professionals like you to either take the next step in your career or transition to a leadership role—be it in government or any sector of society where public-minded leaders are making a difference.
What do we look for in our MC/MPA students?
First of all, we look for considerable and meaningful professional work experience. You must have at least seven years of full-time, relevant employment by June 30 of the year you would enroll in the program. Our competitive candidates typically have about 12 years of professional experience.
What else you should know
There are also some key academic criteria you must meet to be considered for the MC/MPA Program:
Strong academic record
A bachelor's degree. This prerequisite is very rarely waived.
To submit a competitive application, you must demonstrate one of the scores listed below:
- a minimum cumulative TOEFL score of 100 on the internet-based TOEFL (iBT) either in-person or on the Special Home Edition
- 600 on the paper-based TOEFL (PBT)
- 630 total score on ITP Plus
- 7 overall band score on the IELTS
- 185 on Level C1 or Level C2 proficiency on the Cambridge English
Letters of recommendation
We look for strong recommendations from individuals in academia or other professional sectors who know you well and can tell us about your qualifications for our program.