Designed by renowned Harvard Kennedy School faculty, the Public Leadership Credential (PLC) is an online professional credential program that gives changemakers the skills and knowledge necessary to advance the public good and make an immediate impact in their communities.
This unique program allows learners to delve into HKS pedagogy in three subject areas, including Evidence for Decisions, Policy Design and Delivery, and Leadership and Ethics. Each subject area is comprised of two courses, and provides educational experiences that are similar to the ones found on campus. Upon completion of the PLC's six six-week courses and capstone assessment, learners will earn the credential.
Why the Public Leadership Credential?
- Learn 100 percent online through modules, case studies, and structured group activities developed by Harvard faculty
- Equip yourself with a toolkit for taking immediate action in your community
- Enroll in one course, take multiple courses, or complete all six courses and the capstone to earn the credential
- Become eligible to apply for a special pathway to Harvard Kennedy School’s Mid-Career Master in Public Administration
- Become eligible to apply for a special pathway to Harvard Extension School’s Master of Liberal Arts program in Government
Learners in the PLC program will:
- Gain skills that lead to targeted, evidence-based decision making
- Develop a toolkit to help inform more effective policymaking
- Acquire leadership frameworks to mobilize people for positive change
- Be exposed to a diversity of peers and a broad range of ideas that will challenge their thinking
Ready to learn more about the Public Leadership Credential from Harvard Kennedy School? Please complete the short form below.
By providing my information and clicking the “Submit” button, I consent to be contacted via telephone (including a cell phone, if provided), email, and text message.
All information submitted is confidential.