Harvard Kennedy School is the global thought leader in public policy and public leadership education. But not all learners have the ability to attend courses on our Cambridge campus. Delivered fully online, the Public Leadership Credential program equips learners around the world with the skills and knowledge they need to tackle some of today's biggest challenges, advance the public good, and make an immediate impact in their communities.
Designed and directed by renowned Harvard Kennedy School faculty, this unique program explores HKS pedagogy in three subject areas, including Evidence for Decisions, Policy Design and Delivery, and Leadership and Ethics. Each subject area is comprised of two courses and offers stimulating, collaborative educational experiences similar to those in our degree programs. Upon successful completion of all six PLC courses and the capstone assessment, you will earn the credential.
- Learn 100% online through modules, case studies, and structured group activities developed by Harvard faculty
- Equip yourself with a toolkit for taking immediate action in your community
- Enroll in one course, take multiple courses, or complete all six courses, plus the capstone to earn your credential in as little as 11 months
- Provides a potential pathway to Harvard Kennedy School’s Mid-Career Master in Public Administration or Harvard Extension School’s Master of Liberal Arts program in Government
Learners in the PLC program will:
- Gain skills that lead to targeted, evidence-based decision making
- Become more impactful and effective policymakers
- Acquire leadership frameworks to mobilize people for positive change
- Be exposed to a diversity of global peers and perspectives that will challenge their thinking
Interested in learning more about the Public Leadership Credential from Harvard Kennedy School?
Ready to learn more about the Public Leadership Credential from Harvard Kennedy School? Please complete the short form below.
By providing my information and clicking the “Submit” button, I consent to be contacted via telephone (including a cell phone, if provided), email, and text message.
All information submitted is confidential.