Online Education for Changemakers
People from every corner of the globe seek Harvard Kennedy School thought leadership on public policy and public leadership education, but not all learners have the time or flexibility to attend courses on campus. Developed to provide greater access and more opportunities, the PLC strives to bring Harvard Kennedy School directly to individuals who want to make a difference in their communities.
Through a series of courses developed for the PLC, learners will improve their decision making, leadership, and policymaking skills. The PLC provides learners access to courses developed by Harvard Kennedy School faculty, an active and engaging learning environment, and a network of peers from all across the globe. The PLC is a reflection of Harvard Kennedy School’s commitment to improve public policy and leadership so people can live in safer, freer, more just, and more prosperous societies.
The following tenets serve as the foundation for the program. The Public Leadership Credential:
- Equips learners with the skills to make an immediate impact in public policy and public leadership roles
- Offers working professionals the opportunity to enroll in one, multiple, or all six courses and the capstone to earn the full credential based on their needs
- Offers the opportunity to learn skills from world-renowned thought leaders in public policy and ethical leadership through active learning and coursework
- Provides eligibility to apply for a special pathway to Harvard Kennedy School’s MC/MPA Program
Learners in the PLC program will:
- Gain skills that lead to targeted, evidence-based decision making.
- Develop a toolkit to help inform more effective policymaking.
- Acquire leadership frameworks to mobilize people for positive change.
- Be exposed to a diversity of peers and a broad range of ideas that will challenge the students’ thinking.