Hi! I'm Running for Office convenes Harvard Kennedy School and Harvard College students who are interested in running for office and governing.In advance of the 2020 election, we will be running a special fall, 2019 program inviting students to join us in New Hampshire for visits to local campaign offices. You'll meet with local campaign officials and experts on topics including:
- History and traditions of the NH Primary
- Building an organization
- Communicating your message & rallying your supporters
Enter the lottery for the Nov. 9 session by Friday, October 25 at 9:00 a.m. EST. Lottery results will be announced on Monday, October 28.Information regarding additional sessions will be announced later in the semester.
THE FINE PRINT
- Hi! I'm Running for Office is open to Harvard Kennedy School and Harvard College students ONLY. 15 students from Harvard College and 15 students from Harvard Kennedy School will be selected to participate in either session through an online lottery process.
- Students may only participate in one of the two sessions offered.
Hi! I'm Running for Office: The New Hampshire Primary sessions will take place on:
- Saturday, November 9, 2019
- Saturday, January 25, 2020
- Sessions will run from 8:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. Transportation to and from each site is provided. Lunch is also included.
- Additionally, opportunities to canvas for candidates and/or aid in voter registration efforts will be made available.
Hi! I'm Running for Office is a collaborative effort between the Center for Public Leadership and the Institute of Politics, and is led by Massachusetts State Senator and Harvard alumnus Eric Lesser AB 2007, JD 2015.
Questions? Email CPL_Events@hks.harvard.edu.
Speakers and Presenters
Eric Lesser, MA State Senator