The Kennedy School offers a wide variety of research services and support for faculty, staff, and students -- including through Library & Knowledge Services and the Research Administration Office. If you are a member of the Kennedy School community, visit the LKS and RAO Knet pages to see what services are available to you.
If you're a Harvard graduate, LKS is still here to help. Find out more about free resources for alumni.
Our librarians provide expert guidance on research and resources, and are available for both group teaching and one-on-one consultations. Contact our general email if you're not sure who to get in touch with.
HKS Library & Knowledge Services provides a direct resource and conduit for the data needs of the HKS community.
- Locating data
- Computing resources at Harvard
- Help with statistics (including STATA and R), GIS, and data visualization
- Select data-centric projects, and Harvard and beyond
- Select books on data
- Citing data
- Research data management
We also lead Data & Donuts, a learning and discussion group that offers a welcoming space to engage critically with issues of data and society. Since Fall 2018, we have invited an array of researchers, practitioners, and students to present and facilitate discussion, including:
- Padmashree Gehl Sampath and Paola Ricuarte, co-authors of Reclaiming the Data Commons
- Daniel Scarnecchia, on open data, surveillance, and humanitarian aid
- L. Kelly Fitzpatrick, Harvard Library Innovation Lab's Caselaw Access Project
- Nasser Eledroos, Technology Fellow for data-driven advocacy at ACLU of Massachusetts
- Richard Pope, digitalHKS Research Fellow
- Momin M. Malik, Data Science Postdoctoral Fellow
- Yaso Córdova, digitalHKS Research Fellow
- Di Luong, Media Mobilizing Project on Data and Algorithmic Justice
Inquiries about Data & Donuts should be directed to Alessandra Seiter, Knowledge Services Librarian.
HKS Library & Knowledge Services brings robust resources at Harvard and beyond directly to your fingertips.
Affiliates can search in HOLLIS, the Harvard library catalog, and access materials from top journals, newspapers, and databases.
We also offer how-to guides on topics like starting your research, data literacy, grantwriting, citations, and the citation tool Zotero. Additionally, we partner with the Office of Career Advancement to provide resources for your job search.
Find our more about select research resources below.
Faculty, fellows, and other researchers at Harvard Kennedy School are actively engaged in field work and outreach to public leaders in every sector of society to develop greater understanding of and solutions for the challenges facing our world. The Kennedy School’s Research Administration Office maintains a number of policies, procedures, and guidance documents to facilitate faculty research and guarantee compliance with sponsor, School, and University regulations.
Review a summary of the positions offered to visiting scholars, researchers, and practitioners who participate in the School’s academic life through the various programs offered by centers and programs.
View an historical list from 2001 to present of Sponsored Program award history. Each year can be downloaded in a PDF for reference.