The theme for the Global Empowerment Meeting 2013 was Trillion Dollar Ideas to Build Prosperity. The goal was to examine transformational shifts in our strategies for creating prosperity that are poised to revolutionize economies and empower the global poor.
The sixth in the Global Empowerment Meeting series, GEM13 brought together 100 senior policy makers, business leaders, development experts and academics to continue last year's productive discussion on new strategies for accelerating growth and unlocking the potential of developing countries.
- behavioral economics and scarcity
- how knowledge operates and how we can harness to help societies prosper
- developing a post-2015 development agenda
- innovation in development
- how cultural traits influence socio-economic development
GEM13 offered a thought-provoking program and interactive platform for engaging these new ideas, while promoting direct interaction between ideators, implementers and supporters in order to turn these insights into actuality.