Explore these resources related to HKS's work on diversity, equity, and anti-racism. You can find data on HKS itself and resources to support policymakers and public leaders.
Office of Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging (ODIB)
ODIB works to advance the Kennedy School as a place where every member of our community will thrive. Cultivating and supporting an anti-racist community is integral to achieving this goal. The office regularly collaborates with HKS departments and centers and with others across Harvard on projects geared towards creating an anti-racist culture, such as Community Conversations and the Black, Indigenous, People of Color and Allies Student Pre-Orientation. The department is led by Dr. Robbin Chapman, HKS's Associate Dean for Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging. The team includes Assistant Director Kimberly Salas Harris and Program Coordinator Harrison Nekoroski.
- Spotlight on Selected Diversity, Equity, and Anti-racism Efforts
- Charge to Harvard Kennedy School’s Diversity Committee from Dean Douglas Elmendorf
- IMPACT – HKS’s Strategy for Advancing Diversity, Equity, and Anti-Racism
- Dean Elmendorf's September 2020 Message
- HKS Progress Report – Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging update (Fall 2019)
- Taskforce Report: Toward Diversity and Inclusion at the Harvard Kennedy School (May 2017)
Previous Spotlights on Selected Diversity, Equity, and Anti-racism Efforts
Demographic reports: Data on certain aspects of diversity at HKS
- Faculty insights: Opposing racism and discrimination through public policy and leadership
- Courses related to racism and bias
- Teaching and research related to diversity, equity, and anti-racism
- Student journals
HKS and its research centers offer a wide variety of events related to diversity, equity, and anti-racism throughout the year. Explore upcoming events.
HKS support resources
- ODIB contact email
- Title IX help chart
- Title IX action guide
- Anti-Harassment Guidelines (Harvard key required)
- Anti-Harassment Resource Coordinators (Harvard key required)
- Diversity Committee (Harvard key required)
- Learning About Racism and Anti-racism (Harvard key required)